Thursday, May 16, 2013

a decade gone by.

{ t. e. n.}

Ten years ago my world was changed forever.

At the very young and innocent age of twenty-two I knew a lot... or this is what I thought.
I knew that I always wanted to be a mother, and I knew how to love and be in love.

To me, these two things were enough to become a mom. All you need is love.

It was this day ten years ago that a baby boy was placed into my arms and the world shifted on its axis.

Little did I know that this baby, all curled up in my arms would literally make me into the woman I am today.  He has raised me as much as I him. Together we have grown.

I also didn't know the magnitude of the love between a mother and her children. My mom always said, "When you're a mom your understand...."   She was SO right~  This maternal love, completely different than romantic love, has been an incredibly profound experience for me. I often think it's because this baby who grew inside of me, before I even knew myself, was the first person to hear my heartbeat from inside my chest. This baby had my heart and always will.


He is T.E.N. today and so am I.

Happy 10th Birthday Jaden. You are my sunshine.